MetaMask Wallet – MetaMask is a cryptocurrency wallet that is available as an extension and can be used on web browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Brave browser.
That means it works like a bridge between normal browsers and the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum blockchain is where users can build their own apps(dApps) and cryptocurrencies. MetaMask wallet can be used to store keys for Ethereum cryptocurrencies.
Metamask Inc. is a global community of developers and designers dedicated to making the world a better place with blockchain technology. MetaMask mission is to democratize access to the decentralized web, and through this mission to transform the internet and world economy to one that empowers individuals through interactions based on consent, privacy and free association.
Open-source: This means that all MetaMask code is online and free to access users. Open-source software can be reviewed and updated by the community, meaning that it can be continuously improved.
HD Setting: Hierarchical Deterministic Settings can help users back up their accounts. They do this by giving users a list of words called seed phrases. Seed phrases can be used to reset lost account information.
Built-in Coin purchasing: MetaMask links directly with two exchanges where users can buy cryptocurrency.
Customer support: MetaMask wants to get as many users as involved in the Ethereum network as it can,
Simple User interface: Once set-up, Metamask is a very easy platform to use – this is a sentiment echoed by other users Metamask wallet reviews. All of its features are laid out clearly so sending and receiving currency is easy, even for beginners.
Local key storage: Metamask stores key in its user’s own browser, not in a remote server. This gives users more control over their public and private key.
Community: MetaMask is an important part of the Ethereum community.
How to Setting Up MetaMask Wallet
Follow the steps listed below to set-up metamask in your web browser:
- You need to install one of the web browser listed above. Open your preferred web browser .
- Go to the Metamask homepage and download the extension for whichever browser you are using.
- A MetaMask icon will appear at the top of your web browser. Click on the fox icon to open the MetaMask extension.
- Now, click on create new vault and set a secured password.
- You’ll now be shown twelve seed phrases. Write these down and keep it in a safe place. This is extremely important!
- When you are done with the above step click on “I have copied it somewhere safe”,
- That’s it, Congratulations you just opened a MetaMask wallet account.
MetaMask plays an essential role in the Ethereum network. It allows crypto beginners to take the first step into the world of blockchain with ease. It functions as a wallet, It second role is as a bridge into Ethereum.