Finding the best places to live in Canada as a student can be hard when you have limited income and only have so much money to spend. However, this article provides a few places that are affordable for students and has great reviews from other students on their experiences.
What are the Best Places to Live in Canada as a student?
Depending on your budget, location, and needs, there are a number of great places to live as a student in Canada. Be sure to read our full article for more information on each city!
Vancouver is consistently rated as one of the best places to live in Canada and with good reason. The city has an extensive arts and cultural scene, world-class universities and thriving economy. Plus, it’s only a short flight or ferry ride away from other popular Canadian destinations like Whistler or Victoria.
Toronto is another great option for students looking for a high-quality of life. It’s home to some of Canada’s top universities, including the University of Toronto and the University of York, as well as renowned art galleries and theatres. The city is also easy to get around by public transportation, and its downtown neighbourhood is lively and bustling with shops, restaurants, and nightlife options.
Montreal is often considered one of the most beautiful cities in North America, with its historic neighbourhoods and stunning views of the Jacques Cartier bridge and Mount Royal. The city has a large francophone population and is home to several French-speaking institutions of higher learning, including McGill University and Concordia University. But Montreal also boasts a thriving English-speaking community that has been steadily growing in the last decade.
4. Vancouver Vancouver is located on the west coast of Canada, and is surrounded by ocean. It’s a beautiful city with a mild climate. Its largest airport, YVR, is the 3rd busiest in North America and is the main hub for Air Canada’s international operations. In addition to its airport, Vancouver is home to several ports that handle a large portion of Canada’s commercial trade (e.g., Port Metro Vancouver), leading to one of the highest GDPs per capita in the world.
Tips on Deciding between College Dorms or Renting
- Consider your lifestyle. Do you plan on living on campus? Off campus? Or somewhere in between? This will help determine whether renting or buying is the better option for you.
- Consider your budget. Will renting fit within your budget? If not, buying may be a better option.
- Consider your needs. Do you need a shared room or your own room? Is there kitchen space available that you’ll need? These are just some of the things to consider when choosing between renting and buying a dorm room.
- Talk to other students about their experiences. Chances are, someone has already made the decision for you! Talking to other students and getting their input can help make the process easier and more informed.
Places to live in Canada as a student
If you are looking for a place to study in Canada, there are many great neighbourhoods to live in. You can find a neighbourhood that fits your budget and lifestyle, no matter what your interests may be.
Here are five of the best places to live as a student in Canada:
- Downtown Vancouver
Downtown Vancouver is a lively and exciting area to live in as it is filled with restaurants, nightlife, and charming neighbourhoods. This is a great place to go shopping and explore the city. There are also plenty of public transport options available so you can get around easily.
- The Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
The Greater Toronto Area is one of the most popular places to study in Canada due to its close proximity to universities and world-class attractions. There are plenty of restaurants and bars in the area, making it an enjoyable place to hang out with friends. The cost of living is also very reasonable.
3. The Montreal Metropolitan Area
The Montreal Metropolitan Area is home to many prestigious universities, making it a great place to study. The area has a rich cultural history that makes it an interesting place to live as well. Montreal is also a great city for students. It has a diverse cultural scene, so students will be able to find something that interests them. Additionally, Montreal has some of the best colleges in Canada, so students will be able to get the education they need without having to spend too much money.
Vancouver is another great choice for students. It has a temperate climate, which is perfect for those who enjoy outdoor activities such as hiking and biking. Moreover, Vancouver is home to some of the best universities in Canada, so students will have plenty of opportunities to explore new areas and meet new people.
If you are looking for a place to live that is very affordable, Canada may be the perfect place for you. Not only does it have some of the most beautiful scenery on Earth, but tuition rates are also incredibly reasonable. If you are looking to study in Canada, be sure to check out our Top 12 Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada 2022. Both lists will provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about where to call home during your education journey.